Fresh washed jeans
are better than saggy butt jeans
are harder to ride a bike in
sometimes cause a little muffin top.
Also, a bring your favorite cocktail party on cinco de mayo on Beulah.
4 days ago
My friend Holly is trying to go on ten craigslist dates this summer, to help us learn what the world of free-personal ads really has to offer single girls.
No promise of a serious long term relationship resulting (obviously, she’s trying for ten dates, with a compare and contrast-type outcome) - but that’s not to say that the date won’t blossom into something beautiful…
About Holly: 30, information scientist in Philadelphia. Likes comic books, literature, movies, videogames. Excellent cook, interested in the arts, drives a super cute scooter, great at (insightful but) sarcastic comments. Likes cats and dogs, and rock shows and crafts.
Never married, no kids. One slightly childish roommate.
About You: hopefully in the -/+5 years (25-35) with a job, and interests, ideas of places to go on dates. Hopefully, you don’t have any weirdo fetishes, like that swiss cheese guy who posted last week.
About the Date: She’s going to take notes (but really, every girl is. Learn about it) – cause I told you, it’s like science will be happening, and you want to be a part of that, right? Don’t expect it to be a “one date = sex” thing, ‘cause it’s not that either.
Ideas for dates (in case you’re bad at it): movies (action/comicbook/something bad with Nick Cage/HP6), dinners at good restaurants that you’re disinclined to visit with your friends, the ferry to the Aquarium, obscure but good bands, amusement parks, mini-golf…c’mon. You can do it. Think up something good.
Anyway, we’ll be perusing replies and hope to get back to everyone so Holly can go on ten good dates this summer! Who knows…maybe you’ll knock her socks off, and she’ll quit the experiment after meeting you?
email (and please, yes send a picture or your facebook page or something), and she'll get back to you!
3. use my passport more
11. send mail to A in Switzerland
16. quit soda (did I ever even like soda?)
17. see dentist (ha)
28. try to improve posture (I at least thought about this a lot)
44. ween off sugar in coffee
53. see Nikki more
63. make beer shampoo
2. pay off Visa
8. upload all those videotapes from 2k5
18. floss every day for a month
34. sew a dress from a pattern
51. make Matt leBlanc calendar
55. take a polaroid every day for a year
56. post them
58. throw a party somewhere that's not my house
1. Children's book. I can do that.
2. Start using my Holga again.
3. Learn how to write grants?
5. Get new teeth/get existing teeth fixed
1. Quitting eating out, and instead striving for 5 f/v's a day, landing around 3-4.
2. Drawing pictures.
4. Organizing digital things.
5. South Philly (again).
"Do you know you were just dancing for Whitesnake?"
"Really, like I give a crap."
i am sdtil sobersd most,yl. iexcedot not really.