Friday, July 24, 2009

dusty

This is kind of how things are going at Beulah right now.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
We dusted our whole house with diatomaceous earth (also rubbed it into the cats fur, and have been putting it in their food), so it's looking a little cokey, but the cats seem less itchy so hopefully it's working. So far, it seems more effective than the flea drops and everything else. I did a lot of (online, at work) research about getting rid of fleas, and this is supposed to be one of the best, and won't secretly give you cancer or anything. Basically, call this a product recommendation.

How did everyone in the whole world get fleas this summer? What a bummer (damper).

New topic: money.

If you've known me long enough, you'll remember a couple times in the past where I've learned about old bank accounts or whatever that I abandoned with surprising amounts of money in them. This realization usually comes at an awesome time, when I really need the money, so it works out in the end.
Today I found out I have a 401K. It's kind of the same (having weird money I didn't know about), but kind of different (that money isn't going to get me that far in 40 years). Surprise! I'm a little more grown up than I knew.

1 comment:

lady.shiv said...

Ugh, we had fleas this summer too. We had to get an exterminator. But it was relatively cheap and not toxic like using flea bombs. I'd had diatomaceous earth work for us before, but not at all this time around. Good luck!