Monday, December 1, 2008

books as movies

I guess I've already said this, but I'm having a hard time getting through Twilight (the book). But anyway, we saw the movie on Saturday, it was actually pretty good!
There were a couple dumb parts, mostly the computery ones, like when Edward's taking Bella through the forest on his back,
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
and that in sunlight, he just gets really sparkly.

Overall though, it's Cedric Diggory (the handsomest kid to die in a Harry Potter movie ever) as a vampire in Washington State, which is a pretty good premise. There's good guys and there's bad guys and legends and high schoolers and everything. Pretty good. Oh and they live in a really fantastic house, with no beds, cause you know, vampires don't sleep.

I've also been watching that HBO show, "True Blood" - another contemporary vampire exploration.
In both of these worlds, vampires move really, really, fast, and have unbridled strength, and can sometimes hear thoughts. I'd never heard any of these things before - is it all common vampire lore that I just didn't know about? Hmmm...

No comments: