Monday, October 6, 2008

I saw some movies this weekend

On Saturday, Nikki and I went to see Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
If you liked Juno, then your 15 year old self (the one that loved going to shows, found music Very Important, had idealized notions of meeting a Boy To Fall In Love With at a concert, and thought New York City was It) would love N&N.
It also reminded me of two things; first, Wayne's World. Protagonist boys (in this case, Garth is replaced with two gay bandmates) spend the night driving around trying to find ultimate rock and roll, and true love (Cassandra/Norah). There's also the crazy ex-gf, the super drunk hanger-oner, and love-interest's terrible other option. A lot of emphasis on record producers and diners for good measure, and they're pretty much the same movie. I feel as sure about this as I did about the Matrix and Bill & Ted*.
I can't remember the other thing it reminded me of now. I'll edit later if I do. Sorry!

On Sunday, we went to see Eagle Eye. It was kind of like that Sandy Bullock movie, The Net, but with the villan from Wall E. You know (spoiler!) a giant computer eye-ball thing that's trying to take over everything. Oh, and the two people who's life the computer tries to ruin end up falling in love. It's like Match.com, but on a huge scale (so not that good), but the car crashes were pretty remarkable.


*In both of these movies there's time travel, scary futures with bald black men wearing sunglasses, etc. I can't remember it all right now, but it's there, I swear.

No comments: