Friday, November 29, 2013

school days


Here's my new school, where I'm long-term subbing 'til March.  It's in a cool old mansion on Germantown Ave. 

New job means: 
  • hours of commute a day (which means hours of podcasts a day)
  • early bedtimes (a departure from my most recent sleep-in-til-forever lifestyle)
  • the general sense of purpose which comes from employment at any level
  • clay in the treads of all my shoes, paint in my hair, glue on my sweaters
Edit: working with little kids also means I'm surpassing my daily hug intake.  Brian Neville once told us that a human needs 7+ hugs a day (source?) to feel the best/do the best/etc.  I'm more than there.


1 comment:

sarah said...

A. that place is Beautiful!
and B. I'm pretty sure the only sources are brian's emotional sensibility and my mother's affectionate ways.