Wednesday, September 29, 2010

greedy

Last night, in an effort to not spend the night reading boring books and watching Scully and Moulder again, I went and got Ry and we saw Wall Street:  Money Never Sleeps.
Probably don't see it if you're a girl with long hair who thinks maybe you want short hair.  I'm assuming you'd go home and cut your hair off. Carey Mulligan has the cutest hair cut ever.   If you do have short hair, you'll be mad it's not like hers.  Disappointment all around (we will never have her hair, her pretty dresses, her weird short-sleeve winter coat.)

30% of this film is about how rich ladies wear diamond earrings.  Non-integral to the plot, but seriously.  Tons of screen time given to this exploration of expensive, dangly, dripping-with-jewels earrings.

There's morals!  I think the morals are that having a baby or having $100M is really good.  Also being green.  A good way to be green is to make clean energy out of salty seawater and lasers.  Hope I didn't ruin this movie for you.

8 comments:

kamper part deux said...

totally "growing" my hair for this carey mulligan look: http://i.huffpost.com/gen/202623/MICHAEL-DOUGLAS-WALL-STREET.jpg

Bangs said...

Susan Sarandon sure is weird shaped in that picture.

ADeBru said...

I think yr blog needs more movie reviews. This one was top-notch

Bangs said...

In order to write more reviews, I'd have to go to the movies more. And quit school or something.

ADeBru said...

I understand yr logic completely. But I manage to obliterate my free time with tons of movies, mostly at home on the projector.

Bangs said...

Only reviews for new movies, seen at theatres. Standards, ADB.

Don't get GREEDY.

pinchefresco said...

Sue: I feel your pain about school and movies. In the past few years, I've been to the movies twice.

LuLu said...

I'm cutting tonight. Thanks a lot Carey Mulligan.