Wednesday, December 16, 2009

goodbye stella

This is kind of a downer. But last night I got realistic with myself, and decided I don't really need a scooter. (I probably wouldn't have decided this, if it were summer).
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I pro'd and con'd it (in my head), and (mostly due to upcoming Gold Teeth Financial Responsibilities that are ranging in the 10 scooter price range), decided that if I can get enough money for it*, I'm going to sell Stella, and just be a regular, old, bicycle girl.

So...if you know anybody, send them my way.

*and, if I can't get enough money for it, I'm just going to take that as a sign from God and keep my scooter and drive it forever. Good plan, right? I'm going to try out Craigslist and FB, and leave the rest up to fate.

12 comments:

sarah said...

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

LuLu said...

Maybe this is a sign from God that Sarah should move to Philadelphia, live in my old apt and drive Sue's old scooter. I already know the neighbor will let you lock to their porch.

pinchefresco said...

Lauren and I are talking about the iconic picture of your scooter covered in confetti. When the scooter leaves, the Aughts are officially over.

Amber Reeves said...

i have to say, i'm ok with it. i too, weighed the pros and cons in my head and ended up not buying one. a bicycle and some gold teeth are plenty for a girl in this city.

elizabethfrances said...

i learned something with scooters.
you get more when they are stolen.
i couldn't have sold mine for as much as i got from the insurance claim.

Unknown said...

I'll steal it for you. We can work out a deal on this. Call me.

r___anderson said...

not if i steal it first.

Bangs said...

No one is stealing my scooter guys.

Theft insurance is like a million dollars a year, and I don't have it. So, unlike Elizabeth, I would be much much worse off.

pinchefresco said...

Can we blow it up then?

Unknown said...

I'm gonna steal it anyway

elizabethfrances said...

No insurance! I didn't know.

christophresh said...

I'm reading a book about a guy that some other guys only know as "Gold Teeth".
He made scarecrows as a kid. They scared all the birds in the county away. Eventually they scared the people and they had to ask him to stop making them.
He didn't mind though.
There is a life lesson here; I ain't gonna spell it out for you.