Monday, November 12, 2012

power-ful

A week ago, my power went out (along with all the power on my block, maybe more).  It wasn't really a big deal, but it made me think about people who had been dealing with it for more than a long minute (as in, since Hurricane Sandy, a week before, which didn't really actually hit here.)  THEN it made me think about all the people that lived here before there even was electricity, which is crazy, especially doing these crazy stairs in the dark.
It's a weird thing (thinking about people that lived in the same spaces as me, almost two hundred years ago),  that makes me feel kind of specifically East Coast American, and I like it.


Here's what my house looks like in the dark, a picture taken by my iPhone, which still works without electricity. Phew.

No comments: