So you'll have a topic tomorrow, then you make a drawing, painting, sculpture, movie, song, food, dance (Roxy), monologue, print, chair, movie, mixed drink, diorama*, stand up routine, whatever. You get a week!
The next Saturday (the 29th) we'll meet up at Lehigh, hang all the work, listen to your song, etc. Three unannounced judges will be awarding three surprise prizes for three undetermined categories.
I'm not an officiator, but I can tell you some things I know about it:
- your work must be newI can handle general questions about how it'll work, but Kamper is in charge of the specifics.
- music/videos (or music videos?) are going to have a time limit. Get at Kamper about that.
- there will also be some obvious size limitations.
- you can go it alone, or make a team
- people who want to come but don't want to make something, can make a 5 song playlist based on the theme. We'll play it.
- if you're long distance and want in, you can email a scan of the work, or your playlist, or whatever to Greg, and he'll try and work it out. Maybe we'll just get some iPads and hang them on the wall with your pictures on them. Sounds good, right? Also I think they're planning some sort of Skype-ing situation. I don't know about it.
EVERYONE SHOULD DO THIS. Make something.
*someone please make a diorama.