Thursday, March 4, 2010

marching on

You know me: Big, Monthly Ideas.
I'm always trying to have less stuff - so this month, I'm planning on adding at least one item a day to my clothes swap pile. I already had a lot of stuff in the pile to start with, but now, hopefully even more.

This weekend, when I was going crazy looking for my wallet (which is still lost, I think in my room), I pulled everything out from the walls to vacuum and give a look. I also turned my whole "closet" around, so all the hangers are backward. The idea is, you wear something then hang it back up with the hanger facing the right way. At the end of a month or two, you can be realistic with yourself about what clothes you wear regularly enough to keep. Obviously going to be hard with some of the more seasonal stuff, and there's definitely a few vintage party dresses that don't make it out more than once a year, but hopefully this will really get me cracking.

Separately from that, losing my wallet (and all my cards) has ultimately led to a halt on online shopping (and real life shopping, and going out in general), which is great. Poor? Lose your wallet.

1 comment:

carina romano said...

let me know when you want to get rid of your clothes. i'd gladly come to take some.