Wednesday, July 1, 2009

it's been fun

Today is July 1st. The first day of the second to last month that we'll be living in this house. Marilyn and I are excited.
The bad news is that I have to break up with our landlord. Some of you know Jerry, and know that he likes us a lot. Brings us bottles of wine, stops by just to chat, calls us if we left the window open(?). Anyway, I'm pretty bad at confrontation, so I'm just going to slip a note in with our rent, and give it to his parents (who live on the corner). Who don't speak English.
Why am I the worst scaredy cat?
Anyway, get over Beulah. We already have. Get pumped for the new hood: pony murals, an outdoor bar, something M is calling a "bumble bee garden", etc.

2 comments:

LuLu said...

I also got the call about the windows being open. It was about two hours after a monsoon started. I know he likes us but does he realize we're adults?

pinchefresco said...

In your new neighborhood/my current neighborhood, there's a coffee house (official name, printed on the door: "Coffee House") where you can score free wine any time of day, no kidding. I'll show you where it is.